Monday, June 23, 2008

goodbye Archa...

Hello friends. I am writing with sad news. One of the dearest people I've ever known has passed away. His name is Archa Vaughan Jr. He is Marshall's namesake and Chris's mother's first cousin. Since Chris never knew his grandparents, Archa became his granddad, by proxy. Their relationship became closer during Chris's adult life. Archa's farm is where he would go hunting a few times each year. Archa was 89 years old and will be missed by everyone he ever knew.
We will be gone the rest of the week, traveling to the funeral. I won't be posting again till probably Saturday. Hope everyone is having a nice summer.

3 comments:

The Martinez Family said...

my mom was telling me about this , how sad but how wonderful at where he is at now. What a great guy he is , I have so many fond memories of his house and his farm! I hope you guys have safe travels up there and back!

marie said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I remember hearing stories about him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Barton Family said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. He sounds like a great man. Hope all goes well with the funeral. We love you guys!