Wednesday, April 29, 2009

terminally ill

yes, i'm alive. i wish i could say the same for my computer. the jitters it usually gets has me picking up the phone to get my "nurse" over for a check-up. thanks tim:) this time, it needed the "doctor", and that wasn't enough. they don't know what's up with it. i see it as a terminal illness. not quite dead. barely alive. i have my photos backed up. (thanks, alisha for the reminder.) i'm not worried about losing anything too precious, except for the computer itself. we've bonded over the past three years. i have come to rely on it for access to the outside world, blogging on a whim, downloading my favorite american idol tracks (oh...adam:). it has become part of me and i can't afford to replace it right now. not with a new house in the works.
so, i'm blogging from chris's computer and feeling a bit lonely without my bookmarked pages and password prompts that remind me of the personalization of MY OWN COMPUTER.
we are in the rental house and settling OK. the phone and internet should be hooked up this week. (thanks random neighbor for having a strong enough wireless signal for me to borrow today.) until then...boxes, laundry and lots of finger crossing.

6 comments:

The Barton Family said...

You poor girl! I hate using Bryce's computer too. Something about it's "manly" smell repels me. Glad you guys are getting settled in. I have missed you in bloggin land lately. I miss you posts and comments. You guys take care. When do you expect to be in the new house?

heidigoseek said...

alisha,
don't wanna jinx it, but it's gotta be by the end of the summer.
when are you moving?

Janice said...

I hope a miracle happens for your computer. I definitely understand the "plague". It was great seeing you today and I hope you are back on the internet and surfing away soon!

Anna said...

I'm on Oren's laptop in the den and I can totally understand what you mean :) Hang in there for a few months - your new backyard will be worth it!

LeAnn said...

We had to buy two computers within the past year. Ugh! I'm sending my deepest sympathies your way...

morganne blair witchfield said...

get a mac